Monday, December 27, 2010

A Godly women remembered

Today is the last day my Grandma had on this earth which will be a very sad day for us however, it is the first day for her in the presents of the Lord which is what she has lived for. Grandma would have been 90 years old this February and in her 90 years she has touched many people. Today she see the fulfillment of Psalm 23
1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.

4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

During her life see saw times of hardship and times of celebration most recently she had walked through the valley of the shadow of death but today she dwells in the house of the Lord forever. Although it is hard to find joy in this because of my selfishness of wanting her around here forever it is comforting to know that today she has no more pain or suffering.

She has left a great legacy she worked hard and overcame many hardships all while not waving in her confidence in the Lord. She finish the race as strong as she could. During the last year you could tell she was ready for the Lord to take her home. As my family begins to make our way to Kentucky to honor this amazing women and her life we will look for our comfort in the Lord and rejoice in the knowledge that today she is with the Lord reunited with those that have gone on before her.

No comments:

Post a Comment